Thursday, May 13, 2010

One hurdle down...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Update…a couple weeks of frustration over the broken bolts last month. It took quite a bit of creativity, swearing, and begging to get the snapped bolts out. I called in Darryl Ranges, long time friend and co-instructor, who now owns Sedona 4wd Solutions. He is my go-to guy when I can’t do it. He was able to drill out one bolt (after snapping the EZ-out in it), but had to resort to the old BFH, tap and die to restore the other one.

Having that done means I can finally move forward with everything else. In the meantime, I was cleaning and installing new parts in the fuel (see previous post) and cooling systems. I put my new Kaiser Willys catalog to good use! Very quick and thorough service from Kaiser Willys!

New water pump and inline fuel filter installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment